So Many Mattress Sizes, Who Can Decide?
Are you settling into a new home? Is your family expanding? Are you considering upgrading your mattress? We know that the long list of mattress sizes seems a little daunting, but we’re here to happily lend our expertise for your sleep fit experience. Whether you’re deciding on the best size mattress for you, your kids, or for you and your partner, we’ll help you decide which mattress size you need.
Mattress Size Chart
When you shop by mattress size, it’s important to keep in mind the actual dimensions of each mattress size for the best fit in your room. To do that, we’ve included a helpful mattress size chart for you to reference at your convenience:
Remember to keep at least 2 feet of space around your bed, so you have enough space to move around or include other bedroom furniture you might need.
|Mattress Size||Mattress Dimensions|
|California King/Split California King||72” x 84”|
|King/Split King||76” x 80”|
|Queen||60” x 80”|
|Full XL||54” x 80”|
|Full||54” x 75”|
|Twin XL||39” x 80”|
|Twin||39” x 75”|
What Size Mattress is Right For You?
Time to consider what size mattress is right for you: California king, king, queen, full, full XL, twin, or twin XL. Keep in mind that the XL sizes are five inches longer than their standard counterparts when you shop by mattress size.
- California King: A Cal king mattress is four inches narrower and four inches longer than a standard king. These provide extra legroom for people around 6 feet and up.
- King: A king-size mattress is ideal for couples or parents who co-sleep with their children.
- Queen: A queen-size mattress is spacious for singles who love to spread out or couples who are who don’t have space for a king.
- Full XL: A long full mattress has the same width as a standard full, but also has extra legroom to accommodate taller people.
- Full/double: A full, or double-size mattress, provides enough room for single sleepers and college students, and is great for guest rooms.
- Twin XL: A twin XL (or twin long) mattress has the same width as a twin, but with extra legroom for growing children.
- Twin: Twin-size mattresses are ideal for your child’s transition to his or her big-kid bed, or for extra beds like trundles, bunk beds, or daybeds.
Shop by Mattress Sizes Locally
You might have asked yourself a few times, “Should I consider mattress stores near me?” And the answer to that is yes! When you shop by mattress size locally at our store, you’re not only supporting a local business, you’re supporting your local economy, too. In addition to supporting the community, you’ll also receive expert recommendations from our trained staff of Sleep Advisers (and our BedFIT™ diagnostics system). Not only do we have decades of experience under our belt, but we also truly care about your sleep. That and our sleep fit experience are what make us different than all the other mattress stores near you.
Ready to buy a new mattress? We carry a wide selection of mattress sizes in top brands you know and trust. We’re committed to showing our customers that